Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Farmers Market Season


I attended my first market of the season today. Unfortunately none of my products were ready just yet, although the radishes are only a week to ten days away. I work with a neighbouring co-operative of vegetables growers called Innisfail Growers. Each Grower specializes in a different product. We grow the Cut Flowers, Radishes, Garlic & Sweet Corn.

So although I do not have anything ready yet there was plenty to sell. hanging baskets from the Jungle Farm, Asparagus from Edgar Farms, last seasons potatoes from Upper Green Farms and Tomatoes from C & J Greenhouses.

I will be sending product to about 12 markets a week with Innisfail Growers for a complete list visit the website and you will find me at Northlands Market every Tuesday from 3:30 - 7:00pm and most Sundays at the Calgary farmers market at the Currie Barracks . Just look for the really tall guy, that will be me.. Farmer John.

No comments:

Post a Comment